Monday, October 15, 2012

O Kantabai, Oh Kantabai!

To be or not to be; that my friend is really NOT MY PROBLEM...! Just get me a MAID, will you?!!

In Mumbai, you know you are PRIVILEGED,  when you have:
Water. Money. AND. a BAI.


What is a Bai ? 

 A 'Bai' is this mystical thing of wonder ; because God loves us, God sent us a part of heaven and she was called- 'Bai!'

She cooks, she mops, she sweeps, she washes, she cleans and at many a times wakes you up, when you are over-sleeping; she is that thing that keeps you going; the weapon that empowers you with so much DEPENDABILITY; you worry less and less about the house so that you can without a sweat be that waste-paper basket for the rest of the world to spit on. Pardon my French but , when you are your boss' bitch at work, she is yours at home! 

So, when all said and done, she is the Savior, YOUR SAVIOR and you DO NOT mess with the 'Masai ah!'

You get one shot at redemption, and absolutely no shot with a 'Bai!'; good, bad, fat, ugly..whatever! 

 Imagine my torture, when my Bai quit! (No, I had nothing to do with that tragedy!)

That one week, without my Bai, blinded me, crippled me: I went into serious depression and often had nightmares about sitting on top of sink- full of Dirty dishes! 

It burned me to see the house untidy, and normally, I can't even spare of speck of dust; but now all I could dream of was rolling in layers of dust. And Laundry! Ah! The terror! 
I can deal with dusting and cleaning, cooking, washing the dishes ( all of which I love and enjoy), but sweeping and washing clothes.. *screws up face* give me a neighborhood to organise and clean and I will do it; but ask me wash a napkin and I will break into a fight for life! 

As does the poor state of West Bengal feel for Mamta Di's reign of power; frustrated yet amused at the pathetic excuse for a leader, I wasn't too far behind, with the loss of my precious 'miracle-worker'. 

But like they say, at the end of every cloud is a silver lining; she re-appeared- a New and improved- my magical technology  - the new 'Bai'. And she is fondly called 'Leela' ( hindi for 'miracle'). What a co-incidence *grins ear to ear*

I can finally breathe, sleep peacefully and re-take my stance with the key-board as I blog about this thing called 'Kantabai'! 

"Waah re prabhu! Teri Leela Apram-paar hain!" 

Those in favour; say "Bai!"



No comments:

Post a Comment