Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Let's colour the sky Red

Let's color the grass blue,
The trees orange, and the Earth pink.
The flowers all lavender, because that's my favourite colour.

 don't want magenta, crimson or scarlet running wild anywhere.
It is terrifying to see the brown earth coloured in them,
It makes me want to run to momma and hug her tight..
Only that momma is no longer there......
Neither is papa, with his arms around me,
Nor my sister or my brother to soothe me as i cry.

Mrs. Hastings with her cat precious is no longer our neighbour.
Daddy said she moved away in a big machine that had many others like her.
The street looks so colourless today; it looks pale.
People everywhere say they are either white or black.
But I don't want to be black or white,
 want to paint all their faces with the colours of the rainbow...

"Let's colour the sky Red", i said.
i want everybody to be under it, it's the colour of our blood.
It spoils the Earth when strewn with it.
High up, it reminds me of a red glass, like the one  once saw in church.
could see God through it and  like it in the sky.
 called out again.
Daddy didn't come with the paint brush. Momma didn't move.
Everybody is just quiet. Nobody is listening to me.
 don't think  like colouring any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment