Monday, August 25, 2014

Melancholy for a Lover gone

Clairvoyance, you fill my heart with relief
Is it that knowing, gives you peace?

Yet, there is a silver storm I fear
In distance, dark, but somehow near

In my reverie a creature stands ashore
Yearning, in the direction that the wind blows:
It hopes, in innocence,
Hopes in faith,
Hopes that praying shall heal all pain

I catch myself and wake up to find,
A clock, some papers and an old file behind

Yes, I ape that life taught smile
Yes, I pause that awkward cry
Yes, I  left those flowers to dry
No, I did not,  break down or cease to try

As I inch closer to the harbor
I hear a deafening clamor

I freeze mid-step, as the fog clears:
I see, I listen, and retreat in tears

I meandered the streets that night
With rains that cut short my sight

Elated, did not, that moon look
Nor did that night, silence took

The resounding of seen, the calling of what is known
Will give you resolution but never any more hope

And what was gone the morning, come
Was my lover, my friend and my favorite rum.


No comments:

Post a Comment